‘St. Anna’s Column’ (Annasaule) Innsbruck, Austria
by Debbi Nelson
This column, designed by Christoforo Bendetti, a famed Italian sculptor, was erected to commemorate the withdrawal of Bavarian troops on St. Anna’s day in 1703. St. Mary stands on top of the column, cherubs adorn the middle of it, and the sculptures of four saints stand at the bottom. It is located on the main strip through Innsbruck. It’s very beautiful and attracts visitors from all over the world.
(Click image for full view)